Video games come in endless variety just the same way playing them is. Some of the games require you to play using controllers while others can be played using body movements and gestures. The fact is that this industry has gone through tremendous growth and it is expected to go even higher in the coming years. Developers use different game platforms to reach to a wider audience, but others choose to use specific platforms
The main video game console manufacturers are Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo and the game genres can be sports, educational, action, puzzle, role playing and physical games among others. Whichever way you choose to go, you will have the goal of selling your game successfully on the popular platform eBay and a few tips can help you enjoy nothing short of success with your selling.
1. Research the game on the platform to find out what other games match your game so that you can determine the current prices and how popular the games are. The research in very important in preparing you for the game selling outcome and setting a reasonable price for what you have and should include even shipping costs.
2. When setting the price, remember that the condition of the game, manuals, casing, system console and edition can determine the value of the game. Ensure therefore, that the price you are setting does match the value you are offering your buyers.
3. Take focused and well lit photos of the game to help sell easily. The photos should be as compelling as possible and to achieve this you should consider using a digital camera to take them or a smartphone. You can take shots of the game case back and front, the instruction manuals, game discs and other accessories that come included in the offer.
4. List your video game on the platform. It can be done using a mobile device or from your desktop. If it has a UPC number on the case, then you only need to choose the category and enter the number as prompted. This is an easy step because if the number is on the platform’s catalog them the rest of the details will auto fill including the images, but you should still upload your photos for the sake of showing the buyer the true condition of the game.
5. In case the video game has no recognizable UPC number then you will need to make all the entries manually from the title to the item specific and then upload the photos. When doing the manual entry, ensure that you use a title that is keyword optimized and add the keywords to your description as well.
6. Choose a selling format. When selling video games, you can choose between auction style listing and fixed price listing. In essence, if you choose fixed price selling, then you have more control over the selling price even though it could take longer to sell the game. Auction style listing on the other hand, offers faster sales, but you might not have that much control over the final game price.